Wednesday 27 February 2013

TIBETAN BOWL


Some more changes, made the Cushion larger in this render. I also tried to put in more wrinkles and used Displacement for them now rather than bump map. Hope its better, above also is the Shader network setup for the Cushion.


 This is an update of the Cushion Shader, Just trying to give it a Velvet look any critics welcomed. Cheers !


This is a WIP.  A Tibetan Bowl I got to make and just doing some look development on it, done the modelling, texturing, shading and Lighting. Still trying to get the shader of the Cushion to look a bit better, for the wrinkles on the Cushion, I tried using a bump map for it. Hopefully will put some more picture updates

4 comments:

  1. Hey os, congratz on the new blog, it all looks great, especially the tibetan bowl! I was just wondering if you noticed the specally surface on the cushion - are using area lights? - if so, you might wana try turning up the samples in the mental ray attribute under the light.

    ad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Adam,

    Thanks a lot for having a look at my Blog and for your feedback on the Tibetan bowl.

    I am only using Directional lights for the scene, hopefully will try and fix the problem, thanks a lot again for your tip and feedback, much appreciated !

    Os

    ReplyDelete
  3. hmmmm.... it must be on your shader then. Maybe your bump or reflectivity is too high or glossy samples need turning up...

    looks brill otherwise!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Adam! I will try and check out my settings, hopefully sort that out. I dont really have any reflections set on the Cushion, just have a facing ratio applied on a lambert material heh

      Os

      Delete